As part of the effort to preserve Georgia’s cultural heritage and ensure that Tsinandali effectively tells its story to future generations, the Silk Road Group will renovate the property, introducing modern amenities while preserving its most important historical features. Distance from Tbilisi to the House Museum of Alexandre Chavchavadze in Tsinandali is 104 km, which is 1h 50 min driving. The renovation is taking into account all relevant factors, including:
- The main house, hotel and museum;
- Landscaped nature trails for walking, jogging and biking trails;
- New visitor centre;
- Local environmental, climate and structural characteristics will be absorbed into the architectural of the finished products;
- Facilities for conference and banqueting, private dining and special events;
- An emphasis on eco-tourism
- Local Georgian constituents will be involved and consulted in all stages of planning, preparation and execution of the Tsinandali development project;
Radisson Blu Hotel currently under development consists of a new building on the plot owned by Silk Road Group with provisionally 111 keys, SPA on the top floor and outside swimming pool, an old winery factory on the plot currently leased by SRG connected to the new building via glass covered bridge, which will accommodate hotel restaurant, meeting rooms, bar, library, small cinema, closed and open air ballrooms, courtyard and wine degustation areas.
Total construction area is about 18 000 Sq.m. The structural works are completed.